imaginations sorted

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Salon du Troll/Vortex Room hosts MIss O's Female FRont 2010 SF



The Vortex room is a sort of home away from home for me. Since 2006 I do a few shows a year there with my very lovely pirate in crime Dog Swan.
I had taken a year long hiatus from the bay area due to all my New Orleans traveling, n dolly stitching.
Yet as always my homesick ache for the bay creeps in and I need my fix!
This was my fourth show for Female Front 2010. I promised SailorHank an opening spot,he practiced for a month solid,costume shopped and most def got his drag on as you see here...

he was so graciously followed by Hollywood/Paris superstar Veronique with Transylvania vamping n rhymes cabaret .
Mary st Meri read song poetry which i accidentally missed as I was aiding SailorHAnk with a costume change to accompany Dame Darcy's sea-shanty set...I played a slide-show of images i have captured in the last 6 or 7 years between sets..Alot of pals showed up for this night and it was great to see all of you!


We were also lucky enough to have one of my fave SF dj legends Neel Boyett spin some funky,soulful 70's sounds along with my long-time mate DJ Joan MArrow with her dark wave.no-wave ambiance...

Lady E graced us with angelic raspy escapades


DAme DArcy was up in her most breathtaking 1920's Mermaid attire......my heart swooned and i had to refrain from blushing! I love her shanties...


I was very very very honored to include an installation of art for the Vortex room by one of my female photo heroes Ruby RAy..she really empowered my youthful eye candy with my yearning to have been a bit older in 1977 to experience the west coast art and punk movement..she did a fine job of capturing all of it and now displays psychedelic collages with lens twirls and hidden messages....

Dog Swan and Ronni Guitar wrapped up the entertainment with hot rod, goo-roo, matching facade....oh what a finale'.....

BUT the night was NOT over, a night is not a night without a pile up in one of Dogs rev~ving beauties of metal from the 1960's..an early breakfast followed by cruising the empty streets of the city , chilled-joy, laps overlapped and friends....nothing quite like it......I heart u all........

No comments: