imaginations sorted

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Female Front #3 w/Sev + the Sins,MAjenta + her crotch,Jackie Hell,Kaliningrad at the Comet Seattle

I am going to be completely honest,
I had a freak-out the night before this show! I had put on my first 2 female fronted events in June and the turnout was a bit disappointing! I also had to guarantee an 80 person turnout, which just makes me feel so under pressure! I had just spent three or four hours personally screen-printing posters for the tour...

The week of this show, I heard there were 4 other huge shows happening within our circle on the same night! So i panicked~ and started wondering why do i put myself through this and I do it over + over + over , well continuously since about 1996....
Regardless when it comes down to the nitty gritty of why i produce and book these shows, it is genuinely to bring all my different circles of friends together, to enjoy each others projects!
So I applied my ruby woo lips, rat-nested my mop and slipped into some vintage granny pumps!
(Stella Rose* Kyle guitarists for Sev n'sins)

I drove up the steep hill of Denny grade getting into my mode of ringleader....As I parked, Sev and the Sins were pushing their equipment into the Comet Tavern, Majenta looked hot in her new Vagina Dress and I had my good 'ol confidence back and remembered why I do this.."I LOVE THIS"...The Comet is great , they don't try to slide on comp drinks , they are excited to have you there, none of the grumpy patronize some places give you, the comet treat's you like they are thrilled to have you, not that you owe them something for them letting you play in their est...
Jackie Hell was my choice MC for such a night!
Majenta and her Crotch opened our thighs so we could sway to her lounge covers from such greats as T.S.O.L....That woman fucking blows me up, she has so much fucking charisma and presence,since my first witnessing of her in 1999. SF at Stinky's Peep show with her band the Razorbabes which opened for U.S Bombs..I was smitten following her around that night I couldn't take my eyes off of her, I bought everything she WAS selling.......
KALININGRAD just took my heart there , I can blame them for my nostalgic emotional clarity..My close friend and Tarot Queen fronts them and her voice,lyrics and spirit capture something inside of me that triggers this plasma of inspiration!
The crowd started arriving and were feeling it to...Jackie Hell introduced Bella Mis- Behavin that did a 1995 rendition of a pop icon! what a cutie pie in her garbage couture...



proceeded by Jackie Hells macabre number about not being a witch,segueing into "Tonight I Kill"..as she masturbated with a switchblade the crowd went NUTS!!!!!!by this time I was on my third or fourth COCKtail...
my spirits had exchanged emotion from the 24 hour melt-down, I was feeling empowered by this group of iconic peers I had gathered under one-roof....The Comet was filled to capacity...I was selling dollies,buttons n doo-dads....The time was near for the explosion and corruption of Sev and the Sins.....


One of the punkest Seattle bands at the moment! Sev their leader stands about 5'1 and when the music starts turns into A 7 FOOT TALL POWER HOUSE...she pounds the keys on her fancy synth, keeping one fist fully filled with angst in the air...


the boys are the ideal energized, tough, talented guitarists n bass...black eyes,bloody n bruised (my kinda fellas)...on drums is also a tiny lil lady that is just as powerful as the front....





the crowd went nuts and as I explained in a previous post about Alabaster Choad I had the same feeling about this night! This is what I envisioned, the crowd going nuts without any pasties involved! Just RAW Powered grace.....without a second thought, woman acting on whims and overtaking their surroundings! this was FEMALE FRONT!!!


JAckie n I guzzled and guzzled our beers...we decided a slumber party was a must! All night drinking session at the boudoir of Mz.Hell.....and our co-hert Dustin!!!We insisted he wear this wig!and drink lotz of PBR's.....


THANK YOU MAMA CASSEROLE,COMET TAVERN AND ALL OUR FRIENDS THAT MADE THIS NIGHT PHENOMINAL!!! XOXO MISS OBLIVIOUS

No comments: